About Me

My photo
I am the Mom of a 2 year old girl, am finishing my Ph.D. thesis, and am working as a desk clerk (Sub) at the Calgary Public Library. I was born and raised in Germany, so we speak both German and English at home. Since 1993, I call Canada my home.

LibraryThing

I do see practical applications for LibraryThing for my personal library at home and my studies. I just signed up and I will finally have my own catalogue online, so I can access it while I am traveling. This way, I will never have to travel to Germany again, wondering, if I already have this book or not. Also, I can see using this tool for bibliographical purposes for my academics. I am currently writing my PhD Thesis, so organizing myself seems at times overwhelming. What books do I have at home on the shelf (bought or on loan), which ones will I need to get (purchase or borrow)? I am excited about immersing myself more into this program (as time permits)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment